Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Peaceful.

Such a peaceful little life.
My baby, while he's sleeping is one of the most wonderful things in my life right now. Not that I'm tired and want him to drift off and dream so I can have a break. No, not at all.


In fact, I still, after 22 months today, have the urge to wake him just because I miss him. I miss his little voice trying to say new words. I miss his big, blue eyes curiously seeking out new things in the world around him. I want to watch him walk and play and sing songs that make absolutely no sense at all. I miss his endless barrage of kisses that I'm constantly showered with. I miss how happy and content his little life is when he's awake and near me.


But, I love it when he's sleeping. It's one of the most wonderful things in my life.

4 comments:

Laken said...

Awh! How sweet! I feel the exact same way.. sometimes when Oakley is FINALLY asleep, I just want to go wake her little self up and love on her. I miss her after 20 minutes of being asleep. You took all the words right out of my mouth!

Sarah said...

There is nothing sweeter than sleeping little babies! Or children... seriously, too sweet. What a darling post!

Tara said...

So very sweet. You said it wonderfully. It is the best feeling I think to hold them when they are sleeping. No matter how old they get. Isaiah is five and I still love that feeling but it just doesn't happen as often now.

Mom of these kids said...

Such a sweetie pie!! There aint nothing like a precious sleeping baby or 4,5,6,or 7 year old for that matter! I still like to go in and look at mine asleep.