Friday, October 3, 2008

Random Yummy-ness

Braiden at Lake Willastein, Maumelle.







Braiden at home in his lawn chair.





At home on his slide.



At home eating Oreo Cookies!


At the park.



At home with his toys.



Braiden:
You're such fun on Tuesdays and Thursdays when I get to stay home with you. I love how you snuggle with me when I'm watching Friends, and how you want to help me with everything I have to do during the day...which lately I keep pushing aside, because snuggling with you is way more fun.
Thank you for saying "poo" and pointing to your diaper...albeit 30 seconds too late...but thanks just the same. I like to know these things. Thank you for finally telling me what you wanted to eat - and then actually following through. My, how you love your blueberry pane-pates (pancakes).
I wish you would listen to your mom more and say "no" to her much less. But, I understand that you're only repeating what you hear so often...so I'll work on that from my end, too.
I love how certain you are that everything that flies is a bee. One day it will hit you that every bug on this planet is in fact, not a bee. I dread that day. I love how when you hear an engine buzzing outside, you immediately yell out, "Aeh-pane!". I love how you love your puppy costume for Halloween this year, and how it took 3 tries to convince you to take it off.
I'm so glad you like your shoes. ALL your shoes. Even your size 1 baby shoes. I do wish, however, you would leave them in the nice, neat row that momma puts them in inside your armoire. That's very frustrating, sweetie. How did you even learn how to open those wooden doors, anyway?
I so very much enjoy being your mom. It is my honor to watch you play, help you eat, fold your tiny clothes, put those shoes back in their row, give you a bath and snuggle you until you fall asleep. You're breathtaking. Absolutely, lump in my throat, breathtaking.

7 comments:

The Perry Family said...

AWWWWWWW!!!! tears! You SO need to type that up and frame it somehow and hang in his room!! I LOVE IT!!

Laken said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I want to cry. That was so sweet, Dena. You have so much to be thankful for, because he is just a doll. Many milestones are yet to come for Oakley bc it seems that Braiden has accomplished so much in the 8 or 9 months he has on her. I can't wait until she is able to talk with me and do all of the fun things he is doing with you. Let's get them together soon. :)

P.S.
I am thinking white for the F.P. that are coming up here in a couple of weeks... at least for Braiden anyway.. That is his color. Model on the loose!

Tara said...

Oh my Dena, that is awesome and so adorable. You must keep a copy for him...so sweet and heartfelt. You are such a wonderful mother!! The pictures you took of him are soo good. Frame it in a frame with a picture of him at this age.

Debbi said...

seriously, LOVe this post. He is such a cute boy, his eyes are loveable. What a good mommy too - I think he will love having all these blog posts to look back at.

Sarah said...

What a sweet post!

Mom of these kids said...

I'll have to come back and read this when I can pay attention to it...I can tell it is so sweet!

Did you notice I called ya today and then hung up after 2 rings...I figured it out before you even answered this time!! LOL I am such a dork!

Mom of these kids said...

Aww...how sweet!! What a fun age he is, and it goes by TOO TOO FAST!!! He is just precious. And you crack me up about the shoes!